The Laus perennis, or perpetual hymn, is sung day and night in the abbatial church..
In 755, Manasses the Great, the Abbot of Flavigny, brings the relics of Saint Praejectus, the Bishop of Clermont-Ferrand in the 7th century, to the abbey.
By the end of the 8th century, the abbey has acquired a major scriptorium. The books written at Flavigny are sold by Maurists in 1642 to Jesuit priests. Destroyed by a fire, the only remaining manuscript from the abbey is this book of gospels, considered a “National Treasure” and conserved in the Autun municipal library since the 18th century. Today, some of the Flavigny archives are kept in the Dijon departmental archives, which contain a significant number of historic documents, including several charters.